2015 WINTER LEADERSHIP SUMMIT HIGHLIGHTS
After attendance at the CREW Network Winter Leadership Summit in San Diego, CA on February 12-13, 2015, our President-elect, Howard Sobkov, has provided some of his top takeaways from the CREW Council Meeting and open mic session.
Strategic Plan Each Chapter should have a strategic plan and review it regularly. It should be easily read and implemented.
- Takeaway: CREWBaltimore needs to review and simplify the agenda
Playbook Chapter leaders and all members should read and take notes on the Playbooks found on the CREW Network website.
Network Liaison Committee Each Chapter should establish a Network Liaison committee to encourage members to serve on CREW Network committees, review the website and download relevant matter as well as contributing on social media positively.
- Takeaway: Discuss establishing a Network Liaison Committee at the February Board meeting
Delegate and Foundation Champion There are terrific tools prepared by CREW Network and available on the website.
Regional Council Meeting: The next Council meeting will be held in Baltimore. All members are invited to attend. As a smaller meeting, it is an excellent opportunity to get to know members in other chapters.
- Takeaway: Attend the Baltimore Leadership Summit June 18-19 and consider attending other Summits and the Convention in Seattle
CREWBiz App Downloading the app will prove useful both locally and throughout the CREW Network of almost 10,000 members. It may also cause you to update your CREW Biz profile.
- Takeaway: Download the CREW Biz app and ensure that you can be found if an out of state CREW member needs your services.
MIT CREW Network is working to develop a leader certificate from MIT/CREW due to the quality of the programing and adding to credentials.
- Takeaway: Stay tuned to CREW because you never know what may come next
There is a wealth of knowledge, leadership training and strategic ideas presented at Network Summits which every member should experience for themselves. Take advantage of these great opportunities when they arise and advocate for our organization.
Save the Date for the Spring Leadership Summit being held at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel June 18-19, 2015 in Baltimore, MD. It doesn’t get much closer to home than that!